“ Hello Julie, do you know if having an advanced degree, like a PhD, is considered an asset at Amaris? ”

Alejandro H. asked a question in topic Application Advice
to Julie M. Senior Manager, Amaris

25/02/2019
I will soon graduate from a Biomedical Engineering PhD program at McGill, I have also a background in Electrical/Electronics Engineering. I'm wondering what my chances are to be considered for a job at a consulting firm like Amaris. Thanks for your help.
27/02/2019
Senior Manager, Amaris

Hello Alejandro,
Thank you for your question. Having a PhD is always an interesting asset. There are then two questions to consider:
1. What kind of role are you looking for? (Including the types of projects and responsibilities)
This question is essential to see if your ambitions fit with the types of role we can offer at Amaris and what are the opportunities that we have with our customers.

2. The second question is linked to the projects that are available with the customers. This will be known by the managers in the country that you are applying.

To conclude, my best advice would be to attend the first interview, to ask a lot of questions about the opportunities that could fit your profile and to also be clear about the type of role you are looking for. Having a PhD can be an asset and it will need to be aligned with the type of consulting projects we offer.

hope it helps,
Julie

Add to this thread

Amaris

Amaris is an independent, international Technologies and Management Consulting Group. Created in 2007, Amaris is already established in over 50 countries and supports more than 750 clients worldwide throughout their project's lifecycle. Our expertise covers five areas of innovation: Business and Management, Information Technologies, Engineering and High Technologies, Telecommunications and Biotech and Pharma. With more than 65 offices across the world, the Group offers proximity support to its clients in all their locations and many opportunities of international careers for employees.

In 2018, Amaris aims to reach a turnover of 260 million euros, 5000 employees and to develop its workforces with the anticipation of a further 2000 new job openings. We expect to triple our workforce within the next few years and reach a leading international position in independent consulting.

Visit website